Happy 7th Anniversary to UnknownTekkit!
Thank you all for being a part of this community, without all of you, this server wouldn't still be around.
Here are some interesting facts about the server:
- Since we opened on June 8, 2014, people have spent a collective 55 years, 10 months, and 30 days on the server.
- Over 44,000 individual players have joined the server.
- This year, 2,290 users have spent a collective 2 years, 1 month, 7 days, 13 hours on the server.
- This year, 9,999 crates have been opened.
I want to give a huge shout out to @Midnight__Wolf who has been a part of the staff team for over 5 years now. That's some major dedication right there! Be sure to show Midnight some love!
Additional thanks to @Murrrin who just recently passed the 2 year mark, and the rest of the current and past staff members who generously gave their time to help keep the server running!
The map reset has completed! View #announcements on our Discord server for additional information regarding the map reset.
Spawn will remain the same, however the map seed will be changing! The first 4096 blocks in each direction from 0,0 should be pre-generated, however anything beyond that will be generated as needed. Please go easy on the server as generating chunks isn't easy!
As mentioned in #general on Discord, there have been some changes to the behavior of UTShop. You no longer can buy endless amounts of items directly from the server; I haven't tried this before, and I want to see how it affects the rate of progression, as well as the general server economy, since now everything will be strictly player-player. Additional changes can be found in #change-log on Discord.
And finally, there's a limited edition |7| suffix available in the store to celebrate UT's 7th Anniversary! https://www.unknowntekkit.com/donate
The map will be resetting at Midnight (US Eastern) on December 31st!
Why is the map being reset?
A vote was held on our Discord server (link in the nav menu). The result is 9-yes, 5-no as of writing this. The server also has been encountering more issues lately, so it'd be best for everyone if the map was reset.
How long will the reset take?
We currently expect the map reset to take no longer than 30 minutes.
What will be kept?
- Vote Streaks
- Cloud Chests (Access yours with /CloudChest or /CC to store some items!)
- All Consumables (Item Kits, In-Game Money, or Claim-Blocks) purchased with real money within two weeks of the reset will be re-issued.
- Claim Blocks (128k limit)
- Waypoints (Client-side, based on the IP address you connect to the server with. If you don't want to keep them, you'll need to remove them manually.)
What will be reset?
- The Map (Same spawn, same seed, just a clean copy)
- Alchemy Bags (Even if stored in a CloudChest)
- Ender Chests/Bags
- Transmutation Table(t)s
- Cached Votes
- Keep-Inventory Data
- UTShop Stock
- UTShop Stats
- Limited Item Placements
- Most likely anything else not listed as being kept
Are there any changes coming, aside from the new map?
As stated in the previous announcement, vote rewards will be reset back to their normal amount at the end of the year.
I'm currently looking into a way to add 'personal resets' to the server, that way you don't have to wait for the map to reset to be able to start fresh. You'll be able to reset your progress (inventory, bags, homes, claims, money, UTShop stock, etc..., but keep your rank, playtime, cloudchest, etc...) at any time.
Will the map be available for download?
As always, the map will be available for download on our Maps page in the nav menu.
The giveaway winners have been drawn, and are as follows:
- Porphyrins - CyberPunk 2077
- _Draak_ - Immortal Rank
- SuperWaffle64 - Emperor Rank
- Max423 - Ability to place 1 World Anchor
- Mr_Kibbies - Ability to place 1 World Anchor
- Cory0204 - All Particles
- BigCurtil9 - All Particles
- TrafalgaLaw24 - All Particles
- DynamiteDude135 - All Particles
Winners have until January 3rd to contact me to claim their prize. New winners for unclaimed prizes will be picked on January 3rd.
Mail to each user in-game has been sent out.
Our Christmas event this year begins on Monday, December 14th, and runs through Christmas day (Friday, December 25th).
Here's how the Christmas event works:
For each of the 12 days (Dec 14 through Dec 25), play for at least one (1) hour to receive a reward and a giveaway entry!
The more days you play, the bigger the rewards!
On Christmas day, if you've played 6 or more of the 12 days, you'll receive an extra gift!
If you've played all 12 days, you'll get another extra gift!
Current giveaway prizes:
- (1x) Cyberpunk 2077 ($59.99) (GOG or Steam, winner's choice)
- (1x) Immortal Rank ($124.99)
- (1x) Emperor Rank ($49.99)
- (2x) Ability to place 1 World Anchor
- (4x) All Particles ($12.99)
Giveaway winners will be drawn and annoucned by the end of the year.
Current coupon codes:
These codes are available for use until the end of the year!
- 2020 - Save 20% off any order of $20.00 or more
- 2050 - Save $20.00 off any order of $50 or more
May each be used once per person. Expires December 31. May be combined with existing sales prices.
And finally, all voting rewards are 2x until the end of the year!